Nintendo Okie Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid 25th

4 posters

Go down

Metroid 25th Empty Metroid 25th

Post  Gil Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Anyone else really disappointed about an absolute lack of anything to do with Metroid's 25th anniversary? Actually I'm disappointed in Zelda's 25th. I thought there would be more to it. Now granted Metroid's 25th in the US will technically be next year but I'm thinking things look pretty bleak for Samus. Sad
Gil
Gil
Veteran
Veteran

http://mngilen.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Metroid 25th Empty Re: Metroid 25th

Post  Mr. Shannon Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:29 am

I agree about the dissapointmen with Zelda's 25th... Mario got a red wii, where's my gold wii!? I wanted something more than free downloads. I don't have a 3ds or dsi so I feel left out. As far as Samus goes, I'm with you Gil. She'll probably get the shaft like any other Nintendo caricature who's not a jolly italian plumber. Crying or Very sad
Mr. Shannon
Mr. Shannon
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:00 pm

I’ve been knee deep in Zelda games this year. I’ve had the opportunity to play through so many games that I didn’t get a chance to play before. I’m finally getting to finish Link’s Awakening. I owned a copy when I was younger, but it disappeared mysteriously before I could finished the second dungeon. I don’t know what ever happened to it. I’m in the seventh dungeon and very close to finishing that game.

I got my copy of Four Swords and loved that game, but haven’t had the opportunity to play any multi-player yet. I bought a copy of Oracle of Ages. I’ve owned Seasons for a couple of years now, but could never find a copy of Ages, until just a few days ago. Once I finish Link’s Awakening I’ll be getting into that one. I replayed Twilight Princess earlier this year. My save file showed the last time that I played that one was March of 2008. And, of course, I’ll be getting into Skyward Sword later this year. (unless Shelby is right).

I’m not as big a fan of Metroid, so I’ve not been as hurt by that one, but it is surprising that Nintendo hasn’t done much for that series. I would have loved to see something big for that one, but Mario and Zelda are the real money makers for Nintendo so it’s not surprising that they focused on those two.

We’ll be doing a big week long celebration for the GameCube’s 10th Anniversary during the month of November so look out for that. Of course the biggest anniversary for that is the 10th Anniversary of Luigi’s Mansion. [=^)

Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebula427 Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm sad Nintendo didn't make a bigger deal of Metroid's 25th but I am not surprised. Samus has always been Nintendo's forgotton franchise. The series totally skipped the 64 for crying out loud. It would have been nice to get some sort of collectable merch or something.

I agree with you guys though. Both the Zeld and Mario 25th have been pretty lame. Even if Nintendo would have done something for Metroid, it prolly would have sucked.
Nebula427
Nebula427
Veteran
Veteran

http://nintendo-okie.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down