Nintendo Okie Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Move and Kinect to Launch Soon

2 posters

Go down

Move and Kinect to Launch Soon Empty Move and Kinect to Launch Soon

Post  Tony Miller Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Microsoft and Sony will be entering the motion control game fully in the next couple of months with the release of Kinect and Move. Are any of you interested in seeing these products? Will you be picking them up?

I'm very interested to see how well they take off. The biggest problem that I see with both devices is that they won't be standard with every console. They're still just optional peripherals at this point and those, for the most part, don't work. The motion control needs to be standard with every console and every developer needs to be utilizing it for it to take effect.

Shelby recently hinted at how he thinks motion control is ruining gaming? Do you agree? Let us know what you think.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down

Move and Kinect to Launch Soon Empty Re: Move and Kinect to Launch Soon

Post  Colonel1181 Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:58 pm

I dont see motion control's ruining gaming they just need to be done right. Nintendo has shown these companys again and again how to do it right but they just dont get it.

Colonel1181
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Nintendo does it right and they use it sparingly in their own games. I don't think I've ever come across an instance in a Nintendo developed or published game where I didn't think the motion helped. I've even run into instances where I get so used to it that I try to do it in older games. Like the other day when I was playing the original Super Mario Bros. game on VC and I tried to shake the Wii Remote to get Mario to jump further to reach the top of the flag.

I think third parties are having a tough time trying to figure it out, but some have gotten good results, whether it's using motion or the pointer. WiiWare developers have really had some luck using the Wii Remote in their games. I point to games like Max and the Magic Marker, NyxQuest, Dive, Rage of the Gladiator as just a few.

Those games don't try to shoehorn motion where it doesn't belong, and that's really the key to success with that type of control option.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum